Seminole, Oklahoma

I have a loved one who is in county jail, and this *** company charges me $18.81 to talk to him for 15 freaking minutes!!!! How do these jokers get away with this ***?? Can something be done?????

I hate Evercom's rates! What a rip off!

Had an Experience with Evercom Correctional Billing Services?

Comments

#198900

buying a number that "wifey" suggested is considered fraudelent activity and if you open up a account with that number that you got your account and bf's couldnt talk anymore and could be prosecuted. the jails set how much the calls cost and it depends of if its long distance alsoo

To get by without having to pay that outrageous amount get a cell phone with the same area code and add it to your correction billing acct. it will be a whole lot cheaper. He was out of state from me and it would cost me $21.01 for 15 minutes but once I used my other cell phone and got a phone # with the same area code my calls are now $1.99 for 15 mins

I just have to say...my son does deserve some kind of discipline...

like community service... but jail certainly is not the answer! But since he is in there... let's assume he should be there...

the outrageous amount of money it costs to get the phone calls doesn't punish them, it punishes me! You obviously have not experienced having someone unjustly put in there. My son's case will likely be thrown out... but not before he spends a week in there for something he did not do!

So he waits while we gather the witness statements, proof, and somehow the money to get an attorney to protect him.The system is needed but it is definitely messed up!

No, Evercom IS a rip-off.And Mulch, did you EVER think that some people are in prison that shouldn't be there?

That some people are in there who actually didn't commit the crime but were found guilty anyway? Just because someone in there doesn't change the fact that they are a human being.

Doesn't mean at all that a person who loves them shouldn't be able to keep in contact with them.It's people like YOU who should be in prison.

Well tell your "loved one" not to try and *** with his neighbor's dog and he won't be arrested again. Simple and easy.

OR

You could simply take a trip to India and buy a new loved one. Real cheap too!

Seriously it's called prison for a reason. It's not a country club or summer camp. Tell yer loved one to keep his/her nose clean so that you won't have to pay so much money for phone sex.